Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Really, Another Book Blog?!

Yup thats right. Another book blog has been born! Welcome to What Books Have Taught Me, I'm Lex and this is my Young Adult Book Blog. I love books and decided since my friends get annoyed when I gush over books and ramble, that I would find people who wouldn't mind hearing me talk on and on about books.

Why the mouthful name of What Books Have Taught Me? Well it should be self explanatory, but it's because after each review, I'm going to have a  list of things that book has taught me which I hope will make my blog more memorable and different from the other millions of book blogs out there.

The original name was going to be Things I've learned from Books, but I didn't want to create a blog with a theme that someone else already had, so when I came across a weekly meme with the same name by Donna at Bites, I asked her if it was ok to make a blog with the same name. She didn't say "Don't steal my idea bitch!" or any variety of it, but kindly suggested other names. So after a little brainstorming, What Books Have Taught Me was born and to give credit to the person who allowed this blog to come alive, check out Donna at Bites and her awesome meme Things I've Learned From Books.

Thanks for stopping by and I'm new to all of this so if you have suggestions, tips, advise, or just want to say hi, don't hesitate to email me :)

8 comments:

  1. *waves*

    Good luck with your blog! And thanks for the kudos! :) I'm here if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I'm a follower of Donna's and I came over to wish you luck with your book blog. It looks like you're doing well already so keep the party going, will ya? =) I'm a new follower so I'll definitely be back to comment. Happy reading! You'll never get those "you're crazy" looks from us book bloggers, I promise.

    If you have any questions or need help with anything, you can shoot me an email as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a follower of Donna's and just thought I'd come by and check out your blog. I'm a new follower and can't wait to see more from you and your blog! I'm sure my co-blogger shelbie will love your blog too.

    Welcome to the blogging world!

    - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lied. I am not a follower yet because my computer is having a minor freak out and is hiding the follow button from me. However, shelbie and I are following you on twitter and will stop by later to follow you on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Like everyone else on here, I am also a follower of Donna's. She one of the most honest and awesome bloggers that I follow, so when she mentioned you in her blog, I got my butt over here quickly. Welcome to book blogging :)

    I am now a new follower and look forward to reading more of your reviews and stuff in the future. You're off to a great start :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey :] just stopping by to welcome you! I can't wait to read some more of your reviews. Great style!

    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the world of book blogging! I am a nut about books as well and a lot of my friends are not, so I also started a book blog for the same kind of reason :) My blog is only a few months old, but I still absolutely love it! Hope you have a wonderful time with your blog. Happy reading!

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. -Donna: *waves back* you deserve it and thanks for everything, you're making my blogging experience better then I could've dreamed :)

    -Rowena: Thanks for the support, it means a lot to me!

    -Amanda: I'll try not to disappoint you :)

    -Cindy: Thanks for the warm welcome!

    -Audris: thanks =D

    -vykic37: I know that I'm going to love blogging also and thanks :)

    ReplyDelete